Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Complete Auto Center in Manassas
General Auto Repair Services
Auto AC & Heating Services
Kevin is so honest and helpful. Highly recommend!
Kevin is honest and helpful as he can be. Can't recommend him enough! He always goes the extra mile when servicing my vehicles.
The true definition of "above and beyond " great costumer service. Great work and fair pricing. Very thorough, transparent and honest . ( which is rare in this industry) long story short i had my engine replaced by complete auto center. I was hesitant at first given this was my first time getting service there and it was major. I had Multiple issues with the new engine and the company's warranty department right out the gate . (All There fault) Kevin was there in battle with me throughout it all . I greatly appreciate everyone there who helped get my truck back on the road!
Kevin is the main guy that will get just about anything done with your car needs, from oil changes to custom parts installed with the upmost professionalism
I am so glad I found this car shop! Definitely going to be my new go to any time I have car troubles. Kevin was amazing from the first time I spoke with him. He was very knowledgeable and gives really great prices. I've called a few shops for estimations on getting a sensor replaced and my brakes fixed. Kevin gave me the best estimate around that wasn't over charged at all like the others. They got my car done really fast. I highly recommend this auto shop if you need to get your car fixed and don't want to be overcharged.
Great experience! Kevin was very helpful and honest. He fixed my Car by recoding my car after a break work and completed my safety inspection. Very professional and done in a very timely manner. They were great. I highly recommended!