Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Complete Auto Center in Manassas
General Auto Repair Services
Auto AC & Heating Services
Top notch service. Will go to great lengths to ensure your vehicle is maintained to factory specifications and standards. Establishes a personal connection to their customers and can be easily reached regarding service. A great example: recently got 4 new tires and had heard a noise, Kevin told me to come by tomorrow and he immediately took the car out, identified it was simply a stuck rock. Moral of the story is he wasted no time to diagnose and identify a problem even that small, and get you back in your car as soon as possible. Your not going to find better service, guaranteed. I don't always leave reviews, but when this level of professional service is given, a great review is well earned. Will always be going to Complete Auto Center for service on my vehicles. Nobody makes it more painless and simple than Kevin.
Took my car here after a failed safety inspection. Kevin gave me an estimate(hundreds less than the chain auto shop) then went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. Kevin is friendly, knowledgeable, honest and diligent. I've found a mechanic I can trust. I will be taking my cars here from now on.
I needed my inspection and was worried by brakes would fail. Kevin was extremely helpful over the phone and when I brought my car in, he said the brakes did need replacing and he could do it that day! Price was below other quotes I had gotten and my car was done in just a few hours. These guys are fast and very friendly! You can't go wrong with Complete Auto Center!
I came in yesterday with a malfunctioning air conditioner without an appointment. I was told that they werent sure if they could fit me in but they would do their best. Then, they immediately went out, diagnosed the problem extremely quickly and i was on my within the hour. The staff was courteous and professional, the work was done quickly and everything that was happening was explained to me very clearly and directly. 10/10 would absolutely bring my car back for any and all repairs.
I'm always skeptical when I see a place with all 5 star reviews but this place deserves it. Great staff, good prices, and helpful instructions.
Kevin was awesome! He provided me a quote for changing my spark plugs and allowed me to bring my own parts. He was very kind throughout the whole process and didnt talk down to me at any point during all of our interactions. What is even better is they are a small business and appreciate every customer they have. I brought my car in around 3 anticipating it not being done until late the next day. Instead, I got a call the next morning saying they completed the job and price ended up right as he had estimated. I will definitely be taking my car here for any future work as well as my partners car.